13262538

My ex husband is currently serving 9 years in prison for drug

My ex husband is currently serving 9 years in prison for drug smuggling and money laundering. He is now demanding that i let the children speak to him on the phone even though they dont want to. Before he was charged he was only allowed supervised access in a contact centre. He is now saying he will take me to court does he have any rights?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and how often did he actually have contact before he went down?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi the children are 5 &8 and he saw them for two hours every 2 weeks in a contact centre
thanks
Do they have any contact with any other members of his family?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no contact at all with any members
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
My apologies for the delay
The children have the right to contact with both parents - and your ex has the right to apply to the court for indirect contact.
However the children are still very young for telephone contact to be easy - especially in these circumstances - and it is doubtful that it will be ordered.
More likely would be ongoing letter contact with the children sending pictures etc each month - and this would be a reasonable offer for you to make at this stage
You can also get some ideas from this website
http://theparentconnection.org.uk/
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details