13262538

My sister and I were both left 1/2 house by my dadwe own

My sister and I were both left 1/2 house by my dad we own it between us I would like to move in and she is telling me that i can only be there for 6 weeks no more and i cant bring any of my furnatuire. she also wants me to leave after the 6 weeks and not return is she alowed to do this She doent want to live in the house

Sorry I am also unclear would we be joint owners or owners in common?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
You can live there as long as you like and you can bring in any furniture if you wish.
What you cannot do is exclude your sister from the property - unless she is violent towards you
How you own the property depends on how it was registered when it was transferred to you following the death of your father
You should ask the solicitors what was actually done
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you she belives that if i am there for more than 6 weeks i will then be intitiled to more of the property this isnt right is it?

That is not correct.
You are both entitled to live in the property for as long as you wish and that does not change the share of the property to which you are entitled