Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My daughter will be reaching the age of 17 on the 18th of this

Customer Question

My daughter will be reaching the age of 17 on the 18th of this month. Her father (who has no contact with her) has never paid any child maintenance support, despite the best efforts on the part of the CSA. He has paid 4 (minimal) payments of £15 a month for back dated money (this does not include court, DNA and back dated costs stemming back from 2005 - 1996), but ceased to carry on with these payments last year because my daughter told him she never wanted to see him (he attempted to come back into her life 2 weeks before her 13th birthday and despite my best efforts, she has always maintained the fact that she never wants to meet him).

I know this may seem like a ludicrous request, but I was wondering where I would stand legally in receiving the rest of this back dated money? I know he has 3 other children now and he owns his own company, hence the difficulty the CSA have had in trying to retrieve information from him. He also had an interim order placed on him around 2 years ago for this reason. Any sort of information would be a great help.

Kindest regards

Catherine
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is the case still open with the CSA?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, Clare.

I've not rang the CSA since around April/June this year, so unsure as to whether it will be. The money that he was paying back was from the interim order, as opposed to backdated maintenance. The CSA gave me the impression that the case would still be open as a result of this?

That sounds positive - have they done a formal assessment and set a figure.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.