13262538

My wife and I are looking likely to want to divorce. I have

My wife and I are looking likely to want to divorce. I have a deferred final salary scheme pension, with a major insurance company, that ideally I would like to transfer to my wife as part of our settlement. Can the Court transfer the pension to her name and to be based on her life. She is 2 years younger than me. The Pension currently vests when I am 60, I am currently 47.

Guy
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
A pension Sharing Order can be made as part of the Final Financial settlement and this will move the fund into one in her sole name
I hope that this is the information required - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will the deferred pension be hers. Will it pay on her 60th birthday like it would for me and what happens if I die. Is she dependent on my circumstances at all or is it as though she accrued the benefit. Thanks guy
If the Order is made then the Pension Fund is in her name and is no longer linked to you at all
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry last question can the pension provider/trustee change benefits based on her age and sex or should benefits be equivalent to those I see on my annual statement.

Guy
The Pension Fund will be in her name and will be adjusted to her age and gender - but the pot size will remain the same