13262538

I have recently moved to my partners home, investing money

I have recently moved to my partners home, investing money in an extension to his property. We have a 5 month old child. My partner is named as the father on my child's birth certificate. I would like to make a Will, leaving my child in the custody of his Godfather and his wife, if I should die before my child's 18th birthday. My main reason for this is that my partner has an addiction to alcohol and I am currently the sole emotional and physical support for my child. I do not believe my partner is fit enough to raise a child alone. What are my rights to include custody wishes in my will? I entered the wrong email address for a reply. It [email protected]

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
You are entitled to name whoever you wish as Testamentary Guardians - but they would have to apply to the court for Residence unless the biological father agrees to them having the care of the child.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details