Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Is it illegal to allow your 12 year old child to watch your

Customer Question

Is it illegal to allow your 12 year old child to watch your 5 year old child for 1 hour a day?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
It is not illegal as such in so far as there is no law that says you cannot do so.
However it is certain that if anything happened to either child it is likely that the parent would face a charge of Child Neglect
This booklet may be of assistance
http://www.nspcc.org.uk/help-and-advice/for-parents-and-carers/guides-for-parents/home-alone/home-alone-pdf_wdf90656.pdf
Please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.