Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Issue with home conveyancy and ex husband

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with my ex husband. I have a decree absolute that states the house comes back to me and the business premises to him on dec 1st 2013.
I have arranged my mortgage and all I need is for him to sign the papers but he won't ! He just ignores everything. His issue is that he has CCJs resulting in charges against the business premises ( his debt not mine) if he doesn't sign I will lose my arrangement fee for my mortgage
The business can't go back in his sole name until his debt is satisfied but I don't see why I should wait ?
Can the court sign my house back to me ? My finances are in order and I'm happy to sign to return the business to him ?