Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi, im an unemployed wife and a mother to a 2 year old boy.

Customer Question

Hi, im a foreigner with an " indefinite leave to enter" visa to the Uk. My husband is a serving member of the armed forces and we are currently based in Germany. We have a 2year old son and been married for 5 years. I am planning to ask for a divorce due to physical abuse I have endured throughout our 5year marriage but I am scared of losing my son as I am unemployed at the moment. My husband is threating to harm me if I ever take our son away and says that I dont deserve to take him. Please bear in mind that I had a career for 8years before leaving all of that for him. And now im unemployed and can't hold a decent job because of the constant moving within the Armed Forces. I want to know what my chances are during and after the divorce. Will the court favour my husband as he is employed and give him sole custody or will I get a chance. I dont mind shared custody but wont be able to survivenif the court takes away my son. Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX advice as I cant stand to be with him any longer and be upset infront of my wee boy.

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which country do you come from?