Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

hi i am married with two kids but i have problems with my partner

Customer Question

hi i am married with two kids but i have problems with my partner and he move out so am living alone with the kids ,but i live in a mogage home own by my partner and his exwife and now he has stop paying the mogage ,and now the bank is writting saying they going to reposses the house and i cannot affort to pay the mogage myself as i work part time. i was wondering do i have any right in the house or can i stop the bank from repossesing the house since am living there with two young kids .what can i do pls help
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you started divorce proceedings?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How old are the children and is your ex paying maintenance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no no divorce proceeding yet i dont really know how much is the house worth but i know is not worth wht he bought it for now as the market price is down the outstanding according to the letter from the bank is 114622.34 my kids are 2years and 5months yea he is but i think he lost his job so he cant affort much again so that is stopping him from keeping the mogage and his ex wife is not paying either,i went to the council but they not willing to help me move to an other house because they said am not homeless yet

Why is his ex still on the deeds?
How much is the mortgage payment and when did he move out?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

because they bought it together it is 600pounds a month he move around march this year