Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I am going through a divorce. My husband and I have been separated

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce. My husband and I have been separated for 3 years. The house was sold and I am happy with the settlement that I received. I don't want the house money to be taken into account as part of the divorce settlement. is this possible?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which part of the Uk are you in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

South East

When you say "can it be left put of the settlement" - could you explain what settlement you mean?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can we ignore the fact that there was a family home that was sold and the money divided equitably and just base the financial disclosure on where we are right now?
Is there now a dispute between you as to what the final settlement should be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No ,'there is no dispute. It is just in both our interests that the capital realised from the sale of the house is not taken into account. For reasons I can't divulge.
If you are in agreement what disclosure do you think has to be made?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.