Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My ex husband & I own a property together which he is living

Customer Question

My ex husband & I own a property together which he is living in, it's been up for sale for 18months, I own 60% -he 40%, do I have any legal right to claim any income from him whilst he is resident there, he won't agree to reduce the house price.
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

- was a financial order made on your divorce, which included the sale of the house?

- have you spoken to the agent(s) to see what they think the marketing price should be?

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No financial order was made on divorce - the marriage was of 3years duration and both agreed to divorce taking assets we'd brought into it, we made a Declaration of Trust on purchase of the property - 60% owned by myself and 40% by my now ex husband. The property has not sold for the asking price of £635,000 in the 18 months since putting it up for sale - he is living in it and running it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If no financial order was made on divorce, then all your financial claims against one another on divorce remain outstanding. Before I go any further, does that match your understanding of your situation?

.