Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

the house is in my husbands name only and there is a mortgage

Customer Question

the house is in my husband's name only and there is a mortgage of a little over half the value of the house, around 525,000 pounds. there is about 950,000 in his business, in his name only again. he is displaying worsening alcoholic behaviour and i want to know how i would stand financially in the event that i try for divorce. we have one child together, who is 2 and a half years old. he has insisted i stop working, but i now find myself in a very uncertain place
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long have you lived together and what income does he have?
How much does a two bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Lived together 7 years. House 2 bed area 250000 to 35000
What is his income - and how much were you earning prior to finishing work