13262538

I have been with my husband for 17 years married for 12 he

Customer Question

I have been with my husband for 17 years married for 12 he is a serving chief inspector with Derbyshire police and has been for 24years. I have found out that he is having an affair, I also work for the police as a staff member but do not have a pension what are my rights to his pension
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
You do indeed have a claim on his pension equivalent to half of the pension that accrued whilst you were married - possibly a little more to cover the years of co-habitation
This can be dealt with by way of a pension sharing order which splits the pension and puts your share into your name