13262538

I am being divorced by my wife of 18 months , We are both in

Customer Question

I am being divorced by my wife of 18 months , We are both in our fifties and have no children together and none live with us. My wife is trying to force me to leave our home. Can she make me?

Clare :

Clare :

Thank you for your question

Clare :

My name is Clare and I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Clare :

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Clare :

How was the purchase funded?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

900k mortgage 400k funded by me 400k and wife 100k mortgage in my joint names

Does the letter also suggest and immediate sale?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. We had agreed to put the house on the market after Christmas as the plan was to sell and go our separate ways, she is not in a financial position to buy me out and is unable to get a mortgage either. She runs her childminding business from our home . This brings her in an income of 4k a month which goes into her own bank account , we have a joint bank account for bills.

What is her current proposal with regard to a sale?