How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

Hi - My husband and I separated a few months ago - he had been

Customer Question

Hi - My husband and I separated a few months ago - he had been having an affair and has now left our family home.

In Nov and December he refused to give me any money but has told our Son he will give me money in January. We both took early retirement myself 4 years ago my husband 8 years ago. He has a company Pension of £1030. I requested my Pension in 2011 and took a large lump sum and smaller monthly income. On my husbands advice, unfortunately. There is no money left in our joint account and I have £2,000 which was the split of savings we had left when my husband left. Of which I might add, I was horrified, as my husband looked after the finances for the whole of our 37 year marriage. Anyhow, firstly, is it correct that he is saying he only has to give me just over £300 of his Pension as my pension is £271. This would give us both equal amounts, but my pension is to be included? I am paying all the bills in the house. Thanks in Advance ...Anne
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I first say how sorry I am that you are having to cope with so much at this time.
May I ask how much the house is worth - and whether or not there is still a mortgage on the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare - There is no mortgage on the house as we bought this 4 years ago as part of our plan to retire early. This was a cash purchase - We did put it up for Sale last Dec 2012, as my husband decided we would move back to the area where we previously lived. Unaware to myself that he had been having the affair since early 2012. In January 2013 my Mum took sick and was admitted into Hospital, I went up to stay with her, unfortunately in February she was diagnosed with Terminal Lung Cancer, once the hospital could not give her any treatment I stayed with her until she sadly passed away 28th March 13. When coming back to the family home I found my husband very different, always hiding his mobile, putting it under his pillow at night!! Anyhow, he moved out in July. I found he has taken lots of money out of the Bank in cash withdrawls, searched for hotels and places to visit whilst i was away and used excessive Petrol in the Car!! I took the house off the market in Aug. and this is when he changed from wanting to be my Best Friend he now just wants me to sell and he wants me to give him half the value of our car. Sorry to make this a lengthy reply, but I'm not sure where I stand. And I am running out of money now. My husband will be 60 tomorrow and I am 58yrs. Thank You Anne

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much is the house worth - an dhow much do you need to purchase a one bedroom property wherever you wish to live?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Clare - too sure if you got my last reply? The house is worth £125,000 but as my husband wants half the value, there will not be enough equity left for me to buy even a 1 bedroom property. I have uncovered that my husband has managed to allow £129,000 to be spent through lavish lifestyle, he had 2 golf memberships, the best of golf equipment etc etc he managed the finances and I only got into our Bank Account once he left. The £129,000 was made up of the following £12.000 and endowment matured £15,500 a work related injury of mine which forced me early retirement, £21,000 of my lump sum and a smaller monthly Pension £271monthly £13,600 selling my work related shares. The rest was another endowment of £13,600 and our Annual Income of my Husbands Pension of £1000 per month. Anne

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
How much will you actually need to rehouse yourself.?
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
May I ask if you still need assistance in any way?

Related Family Law Questions