13262538

I have a daughter aged 9 with an ex partner, we where never

Customer Question

I have a daughter aged 9 with an ex partner, we where never married and split up when our daughter was 1yrs old. My name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate as father, as I am her biological father. My ex partner is to be married soon to her current partner and they wish to change my daughters surname. Do they require my consent todo this?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Could you confirm which month and year the child was born - and what contact you have with her?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She was born 03/09/2004

i am in the army and I pay CSA. We have an areangemt that I can see my daughter anytime I want. when ever I have time off from work. I go bk home to my parents house and my daughter stays over. there is no restrictions of any kind.

Since you have Parental Responsibility for your daughter your ex will need either your consent or an Order from the court in order to change her name - and it is highly unlikely that the court will grant the application if one is in fact made
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details