Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My wife is leaving me today and taking our 2 daughters with

Customer Question

My wife is leaving me today and taking our 2 daughters with her aged 16 and 18 as we have been married for 25 years! Shes renting a house for £800 a month and leaving me to pay all the bills and mortgage in our 5 bed house which we can ill afford to run, and has asked me to give her money for support, but we struggled to make ends meet before so i fail to see how either of us is going to manage. I didnt want her to leave but its her decision so i dont know legally where i stand! Please can you advise me.
Paul
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What income do you each have and are both your children still in secondary education?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare, my house is worth £400,000 + and i have a mortgage of £150,000. My income is variable as self emplyed bu generally between 40 and 50k and my wife takes home £1600 per month. My eldest daughter is 18 and has just dropped out of universisty and my youngest is 16 and in her 1st year of 6th form studying A levels.

Hope this helps!

Paul

Would selling the house be feasible
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do i have too? i was hoping to stay here but didnt know if my wife could force the sale or wether or not i have any right regarding the property as she moved out of her own free will!

Paul

Can you afford to pay your ex her half share of the equity?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I am sorry but to give a meaningful rather than very general reply I do need to know if you can afford to buy your ex out?