13262538

My ex girlfriend and I separated a year ago due to drug abuse

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend and I separated a year ago due to drug abuse on her part, since then I moved out but continue to pay the bills, house keeping and rent as I have a 3 year old son who lives with her too. I have been having access to my son fairly readily and keep him with me every weekend and Wednesday. However I have been threatened recently with no access to see him. What can I do about this?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Whose name is on the tenancy agreement?
Do you believe that the child is safe in his mothers care?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

The house is rented to a company I own.

With regard to care, I do believe he is safe, however, I would much rather he was never exposed to anybody using cannabis or worse.

John

The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
If your ex does stop contact then you can apply to the court for a shared residence order to protect the amount of contact that you have had until now.
The form you need is here
http://www.familylaw.co.uk/system/uploads/attachments/0006/9047/C100.pdf
The fee is £215 and you can read more about applications here
http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/media/168195/cb7-eng.pdf
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details