Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My partners child has recently made an allegation of assault

Customer Question

My partners child has recently made an allegation of assault against her 14 days ago, she believes the child was interviewed 11 days ago by police. The child has since been staying with there father since and during this period the police have not been in contact and social services have not really said much either. We have been informed that there is a 15 day period is this just police protection act? And what is the next step to take after the 15 days because we are very much in the dark about it, should we contact police as when we contact social services the promise to ring back and never do. Thank you for any help you can offer to us.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and who does she usually live with/