13262538

can my ex (we where not married) make me pay school fees on

Customer Question

can my ex (we where not married) make me pay school fees on top of regular csa payments, she says she can take me to court and get me to pay half and have it back dated...

Clare :

Hi Thank you for your question.

Clare :

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Clare :

How old is the child, how much do you earn, and who chose to send the child to a private school?

JACUSTOMER-o6w9b8jm- :

She is 11 in april, I earn approx. 3,000 a month and pay 420 a month maintenance, and my ex has chosen to

JACUSTOMER-o6w9b8jm- :

send her to private school.

Is you payment made via the CSA and do you have any other children at all - if so do they or did they go to private school?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes my payment is via the csa, and I have one other

Child that lives with me, he does not attend a private school.

Your ex can certainly make an application under Schedule 1 of the Children Act for help with School fees.
However in a position where you did not agree to Private education and your other child doe snot attend a Private School she will struggle to convince a court to make the order.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details