Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have a shared residence order with my ex. Our son lives with

Customer Question

I have a shared residence order with my ex. Our son lives with me, mother, and my new family. School is located 5 min away from our house. Dad lives 1:30h away from school and GP. Dad bullied me to stop £5 weekly CSA payments as said couldn't afford. he hardly ever sees our son. In a year, he had an overnight stay with dad, which ended on our son taken to hospital. Dad doesn't have a regular job, is a regular drinker, and I have an indefinite injunction against him due to violence, harassment and more. I know the courts tend to give shared residence but his situation haven't changed in the last 5 years and after the hospital issue I don't trust him. Can I get the court to give me full custody? I need to represent myself. How to do it?
Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question.

I need a bit more information first:

How long ago did the court make the shared residence order?
How old is your son?
When was the last time he saw his father? How often does he see his father?
How long ago was the incident when your son was taken to hospital and what happened that caused that?
Does he ever ask to see his father?
What was the last contact that you had with your ex? and when was that? Does your ex ever ask to see his son?

Expert:  UKfamsol replied 3 years ago.

I see that you have had a look at the questions I have asked - I would really like to give you a properly considered answer to your question, which is why I asked you for more information.

I look forward to hearing from you.