Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I need advice on protecting my home and assets from someone

Customer Question

I need advice on protecting my home and assets from someone who seems to be trying t o obtain power of attorney over me.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you?

How is this person trying to obtain a PoA over you? Is it in the court of protection?

Can you give me any further information?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cancer early treatment caused acute kidney failure for which I'm having treatment.This person has contacted my Doctor saying that I'm depressed and suicidal which is not true , but I do really wonder why they would do such a thing if its not to get power of attorny

Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

The only way to get a PoA is for you to consent and sign it. The alternative is they would have to go to the court of protection to obtain a court order to administer your affairs.

Your doctor should not be discussing your medical affairs with anyone other than you.

If this person is deliberately meddling in your affairs and harassing with out just cause I would consider reporting the matter to the police.

Simply being depressed would not be sufficient for someone to get a court order from the court of protection, you would have to fully lack either mental or physical capacity to administer your affairs.

I look forward to hearing from you.

AJ