Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my ex and i bought a house i am the only one who paid any money

Customer Question

my ex and i bought a house i am the only one who paid any money for it we have 2 sons - she has informed she wants to take half the house do i have any chance she can not do so?
she cheated and left we were not married but have discovered she was sleeping around whilst i worked nights.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets and debts are there?
How old are the chidlren and who now has their day to day care?
What other assets and debts are there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

mortgage is 140,000 house is worth approx 185,000 my ex has the children children 2, 5 - no other debts except 2000 owed for windows

Just to check - are you married?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No not married

When you purchased the property did you protect your investment withe a Declaration of Trust?