13262538

Despite the fact that we have no house or assets, apart from

Customer Question

Despite the fact that we have no house or assets, apart from my pension, my wife keep asking about using a mediator, which is strange because she says that she is happy with the financial offer that I am prepared to offer her. How much approximately does mediation cost, who attends and what are the pros and cons?

Also, am I right in thinking that a mediator would be visited after the issue of the Decree Nisi, but before the drafting of a Financial Clean Break Order and the issue of the Decree Absolute?

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
Mediation can be underataken at any point - to agree grounds of divorce or to agree the financial matters.
You will need to get a quote - but most mediators charge upwards of £100 per hour PER person - or more
However it is still a cheaper way of reaching an agreement then fighting the matter through court
Please ask if you need further details