13262538

Can my husband move his 19 year old daughter into our home.

Customer Question

Can my husband move his 19 year old daughter into our home. I childmind from here and already have my 2 boys aged 19 and 17 and our son from the marriage already living here in our 4 bedroom house. She lives with her Mum at present but my husband says he can move her in whenever he likes?
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Where would he expect her to sleep?
Does she wish to move in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He says my 2 oldest boys will have to share. He is doing all this to try and force me out the house I'm sure. She hardly comes round now but he keeps throwing it in my face that she has every right to move in whenever she wants.

HI
Indeed she does - but he cannot force your boys to share either.
His daughter has as much right to be in the house as your eldest does.
So the next time he says it simply say - yes of course - and she is welcome to share xxxx's room with him and then move the conversation on
It is as you say part of his intimidation tactics - so it is up to you to dismiss them as such.
Please ask if you need further details