Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

My daughter was engages in a relationship for 13 years which

Customer Question

My daughter was engages in a relationship for 13 years which her partner has just ended. He owns a hous e that they shared although he paid the mortgage. She had a flat that she sold to move in with him and has purchased furniture and has lived as his wife contributing for the whole 13 years. Since ending the relationship ( he has met someone else). He is charging her rent to stay but wants her to leave. Can you advise us what her rights are and can she claim anything? She needs help
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did your daughter make any payments towards any alterations to or improvements to the property?
Are there any children involved?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No children involved. Yes she has purchased items to improve the property, certainly furnishings, a window and door. She has paid living expenses too
Sorry to be blunt - but ignore the furnishings - how much has she spent on the structure of the property - doors and windows etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Double glazed door and window but I need to check with her for what else and the cost. What about new bathroom fittings or such like, or decorating? Basically does the partnership entitle her to anything?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.