cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  30 yrs experience
18726264

what is the statutory limatations on seeking equaty from a

Customer Question

what is the statutory limatations on seeking equaty from a property. My ex boyfriend wants money from the house that we lived in together. He left me 5 years ago and has had no contact for 5 years. His name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds or the mortgage. we only lived in the house for 1 year together.
Expert:  cityguru replied 3 years ago.
Hi did he put any money into to purchase it? Was there any agreement for him to share it when you bought? Who put up the deposit? Is it a repayment mortgage or an interest only one and did he pay any of it?

The limitation period for most claims is 6 years although of some it is 12. A claim like this would be 6 years unless there is some sort of trust deed or similar document.

If you come back with a but more information I can give you guidance on whether there is any basis for him to make a claim.