thanks for answering;
are you saying I do not need to take this to my solicitor at this stage? As her solicitor is looking after her interests rather than mine, I feel a bit uncomfortable to handle things this way unless you advise otherwise?
Property: semi-detached house in joint names. approx Value £430K, Joint names, Mortgage £250000, Equity in the house £166,000
- Personal account currently £10K, no additional savings
- Pension Scheme: roughly 10K
- Limited Company Business account: £49,000
- Current Contract with Merlin Entertainments at £400/day until 31st March 2014 (no permanent employment)
- Personal income: £40,000 GROSS a Year made up by Salary + Dividends, I am employed by my own limited company
- Currently Living in Wimbledon,XXXXXSW19 1NP
- Personal account: unknown, Savings rouglhy 3/4000 pounds
- Pension scheme: 7/8000 pounds
- NOT in any employment
- Currently living in the property with all Children
I know this might look like an odd question but can you please also advise what would be approx costs of a non-confrontational approach and who is likely to pay for my wife solicitor?
Hello thanks for this, I gave you a bonus (I hope this is what you meant by further deposit) and I am looking forward to receive more information
sorry £166,000 is the equity at the time we purchased the house, now it's valued 430,000 so the equity will be obviously more.
Houses in the area are between 400-500,000 and they are close to 6 years old buy's school
I am the sole owner and director of the company. Please advise carefully on this point (if you can) as I use business account for paying expenses, corporate TAX, VAT, salaries, invoices. IT's not my personal account nor reflect my personal income as Employee and director of the company.
So fact that she already engaged a solicitor and sent me the followings do not prevent me from attempting mediation services?
1- sealed divorce petition2 acknowledgement of service form3. statement of arrangement for children
also shall I contact her solicitor confirming my intention to close the matter amicably or seek legal advice first? (I feel pressured by this 7 days constraint specified in the solicitor's letter)
please advise further
thanks for your answer. One last thing, an email would do as holding letter or need to be a formal letter/envelope in the post?
Sorry I forgot to mention one thing. As we all have Italian passports and are Italian National I am currently seeking Legal Advice in Italy via divorce lawyer. Is it worth mention it on the holding letter as I need some time to gather this information?
I would like to follow up on this trail as there have been some constructive developments this past week-end. My wife and I both agreed that it's in both best interests to find the best compromise to avoid costly confrontations and avoid any possible distressing experience to our children.
She is proposing the following arrangements
This arrangement will allow her to go back to her accounting studies, find a job and eventually after few years considering buying a property. We are thinking of selling the property not earlier than 5/7 years unless I will run into financial problems/sickness or other events.
She is keen on pursuing the route of Mediation on this basis as long as I agree a solution (in her view) that is fair to her.
Although I am happy to get my two boys with me I am a bit concerned of accepting such a deal as I am under the impression £1500/month might be a bit unsustainable with house running costs and the responsibility of 2 boys. My NET income for the last 2 years was around £3200/month but being a contractor expose me to periods of uncertainty with months where I am out of work. Although I work for a sector (IT) which is in high demand, it’s quite difficult to predict I will be earning the same amount for the duration of 7 years.
Can you please tell me your views on an agreement of this kind? Maybe articulate on risks? For some reasons I have a hidden feeling that I can be better of paying the child/spouse maintenance an leave her in the property …
HI - do I need to rate your answer to go the the bonus page or there is a shortcut as I can't find it, please adv?
Hello - I just re-rated you and added a bonus. I look forward to receive your answer
thanks for your answer, both my wife and I are conscious about the impact the separation can have on our kids and I greatly apreciate the time you spent articulting yout answer.We, however, do not think the impact on the separation will be as dramatic as you mentioned. My parents will be looking after the twin boys alongside my girlfriend which is not working and she is a mother herself. I do not plan to put restrictions in the way the boys will be see each other and my ex will be living on a short walking distance from us. I am sure both my twins boys and my eldest son will receive the same level of attention they currently receive with her mother (if not more) which in return will have a chance to rebuild her life, her career from the start, on top of staying in amicable terms with me (as we promise ourselves to avoid any confrontation). I will of course devote most of my weekly time to my business but this does not mean I would not provide best care I can to my kids and dedicate the rest of the time to them. Why would a court judge not agree with this approach? I apologise if I didn't mention it before as it's been a stressfull period for me with on going discussion with family, friends and my wife which has an irrational and instincive character more often than not.
Given the circumstances, why would you think a "sepatation agreement" would not work in a situation like this?
Also a technical question, what would be the best course of action if we decide for a separation agreement rather than going to court and how do we stop (if we can) the petition for divorce? Can we still go ahead with an "unconstested divorce" and sort everything out by a legally binding separation agreement without getting court orders? My goal here is also trying to balance the books and avoid spending thousands of pounds in Lawyers fees.I am still not convinced about which is the right way to progress here as my parents themselves agree 100% with the point you made above about NOT separating the children but the will give full support to my decision.
Please be blunt and objective on you answer, I am really not trying to argue with you on why you don't agree with us but more likely gathering as much information as I can in order for me to make the best possibile choice.
thanks for in advance for your continous support
I have been trying to give you a bonus but I get this?