13262538

Hello.Ive been with my boyfriend since august last year.Now

Customer Question

Hello.I've been with my boyfriend since august last year.Now i found out I'm pregnant and suddenly he decide to brake up with me and he dont want to do anything with me or the baby.Just to mention I'm British citizen and he is Arabic(Jordanian passport).I currently live in London and he lives in Dubai.My question is can i sue him for a child support? Or what can i do in this situation as I'm gonna live as single mum now.Thank you
How often does he come to the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not very often.I use to go there (in Dubai) last time i spend two months(when i found i was pregnant).

Does he have any assets in the uk?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No
You are entitled to apply to the court here in the Uk for maintenance using The Children Act 1989 and you will certainly be successful in obtaining an order.
Your problem will be enforcing the Order as there is no reciprocal agreement in place with Dubai.
You can read more about enforcing foreign Orders here
https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance-if-one-parent-lives-abroad/reciprocal-enforcement-of-maintenance-orders-remos
in case he ever moves to a country where enforcement is possible
Please ask if you need further details