13262538

Im going back to court soon to apply to get my children back

Customer Question

I'm going back to court soon to apply to get my children back from local authority care. I know there was a recommendation that I do cbt, which I have done, and paid for myself. I noticed last week that it also mentioned that it mentions that I should do counselling. It doesn't specify what for. Would it be important to do some or would the cbt cover it do u think?
Did your CBT therapist suggest any other counselling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No she felt id made fantastic progress and said she would stand up in court for me

Then that will more than adequately answer the Counselling point and nothing further is necessary
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In the previous case I had a full assessment done by 2 independent social workers who stood up for me and said they felt I should get the children home. Would I be able to call them again or would I have to do assessments with New people?

If you get legal aid it could be worth asking them to complete an updating report - unless they do so there is no point in their giving further evidence- but you can refer to the previous report