James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Ive got a loan with of £27 000 which is on my husbands and

Customer Question

I've got a loan with of £27 000 which is on my husbands and my name. I signed it for him in 2010 as he said to me the bank ( in Mauritius) told him I had to do so since we were married.
How can I remove my name off that loan? I've got nothing to do with it and I don't want to be responsible for it especially in the situation where we are divorced.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
The only way that you will be able to deal with this is as part of the financial negotiation within the divorce proceedings
Within those you can obtain an Order that he has to obtain your release from the loan
I hope that this is of assistance