13262538

My wife and are in the process of splitting up and even the

My wife and are in the process of splitting up and even the her name is XXXXX XXXXX mortgage can I change the locks. I also contribute to the mortgage as the money comes out of a joint account which we both have all our wages paid into
How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?
How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We've lived together for 5yrs been married for 3 & half. There are no children involved. The house is worth about £73000. Lisa earns roughly £1000 per month I earn £1200 a month. There's £44000-£45000 left on the mortgage
How was the property purchase financed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Property was financed originally by Lisa approx 2 yrs before I moved in with her
What financial contribution have you made to any improvements or alterations to the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All the inprovements that have done to the house were paid for by us both as the money came out of our joint account or paid for 50-50 when we had separate accounts
You certainly cannot change the locks - and neither can she as you are both entitled to remain in the Matrimonial Home
Given that she owned to property prior to what is at best a short to medium length relationship your claim on the equity is modest - in the region of 15% o 25% - and you will need to negotiate this - possibly using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
Please ask if you need further details