13262538

Dear Sir/MadamIs there any way in English Law of officially

Dear Sir/Madam

Is there any way in English Law of officially sevring a relationship with a daughter? My daughter has set about trying to destroy my reputation and damage me in other ways. She has done appalling things to me. And I would like if possible officially to renounce any relationship. I am a wealthy man and doubtless she will want a share of my estate.

Yours sincerely

Peter Rhodes
How old is your daughter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Clare

she is now 25, but has waged a campaign against me for over eight years, despite ensuring she had no student debt, funding a penthouse flat for her in Canary Wharf and an apartment in Nice.

Her behaviour destroyed my marriage to her mother.

If I had done anything to her which would justify her behaviour I would understand. But I have worked to keep her in one of the best schoold in the Uk and one of the best Universities. So I have to accept that the best I can do at this point is protect myself in some way from her and thus wondered if there is any legal way of officially severing the father daughter relationship.

Yours sincerely

I am afraid that there is no way that you can "divorce " your daughter.
However you can write a Will excluding your daughter from your Will - although it is wise to write a letter to have kept with the Will setting out the reasons for your decision.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details