13262538

Can my Daughters ex - husband take my grandson (aged 11) on

Can my Daughter's ex - husband take my grandson (aged 11) on holiday abroad without his (or my daughter's ) consent?
Is there a Residence Order in place?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there is not a residence order in place - my grandson has been abroad with his father before but does not want to go this year as he is very home sick each time he goes.

The father needs either the permission of the other parent or an order form the court in order to take the child out of the country even on holiday.
However if the father does apply to the Court for a defined contact order to include foreign holidays then it is likely to be granted
It would be best for your daughter to try and discuss matters with her ex using family mediation and a mediator trained to also work with young people so that the child's views can be clearly heard in the process
This would then give her independent evidence of the child's feelings on the matter
Please ask if you need further details