13262538

If I separate from my partner and move out of the home owned

If I separate from my partner and move out of the home owned jointly by both her and myself into rented accommodation and I continue to pay half the mortgage can she be made to pay half my rent
Are there any children involved and why do you intend to continue paying half the mortgage?
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare

There are no children involved.

Because the house will be sold and my name is XXXXX XXXXX mortgage. So that I receive an equal share in any profit when it is sold or is it not worth paying towards the mortgage if I move out?

I am a retired teacher with a total income of £1750 per month, she a teaching assistant with the same total income which includes state pension.

Bernard

You do not have to pay half of the mortgage to retain your interest in the property - as you so rightly point out you have to pay rent to live else where
Your ex paying your half of the mortgage is their "rent" for living in your part of the property.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details