13262538

hello clare i have a date for my fgc which is 7th feb at 11.30am,

Customer Question

hello clare i have a date for my fgc which is 7th feb at 11.30am, the social workers plan is for myself and my mum not to be carers for my boys....i have been working with all the services involved and arranged for local activities for my boys and myself to participate in, i have a wider network of support which will be very positive for myself, visiting friends etc, i have not drunk any alcohol since new years eve when they were taken from me as i had a drink then as was really down and they wandered out the house which i admit was very stupid of me to do this and i have realised yes that 1 time i did put them at risk....there has never been any previous concerns about there welfare i have even applied to do a parenting course and i am reading and doing a lot of self help myself. my plan is for the boys to return to my care with the supervision and support from my mum, i have a lot of support and if i am stressed i will use the support to its advantage rather then turn to drink. i will continue to engage in services, i will be making decisions for my boys and meeting their individual needs on a daily basis, if the ss want me to do more, i am willing to do whatever is asked of me in order to care for my boys to give them a secure happy loving home, i feel this is a plan which the boys will not be at risk, outside of the home they will always be accompanied by an adult to ensure their safety as my boys r my priority and i love my boys so much....i feel if they r kept away from me any longer as they r already grieving for their mum, this will further more emotionally scare them.
My name is Clare a
What have Social Services said their plan is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well at the moment the boys r under a section 20 so their plan i guess is to look at possible other family members to look after the boys, but from what the co-ordinator tells me it seems like they have already made or r making decisions before the fgc and not even giving me a chance to prove to them i am able to care for the boys like i have done previously.

Thats is OK do not panic.
The point of the Conference is to discuss matters - and as we discussed of they do not agree to your plan then you will give two days notice of your intention to remove them and then they will have to prove to a court that the children will be at risk if they return to you.
Make sure that you have seen your solicitor prior to the conference so that the plan is well in place
clare
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well its seems like they r already made a decision as my solicitor had said if it is the case then i will have to take it to court, surely the court will see that my plan is a good safe plan and that the children will not be at any risk whatsoever as i know they will question me with how, why, what etc and i have got answeres to cover this area.

You have a well thought through plan.
If Social Services do not agree then you give Notice and they have to apply to the court.
The fact that it is well thought through and you have already taken many practical steps will go well in your favour