13262538

Hi, can you give general power attorney to a solicitor say

Hi, can you give general power attorney to a solicitor say for 2 weeks whilst I am abroad.? It's just that I am going for a holiday but I do not want anyone to forcefully take my signature (husband and I considering separation and going to meet in laws abroad and hence scared that they may make me sign something to avoid paying out for me and my 3year old if we do separate). Or is there something that I can notarise to invalid any documents signing I do if they forced me to sign anything. I just want to protect myself against any kind of wrongdoing upon me.! Thankyou
Which country are you going to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I am going to India.
Is there a concern that they will keep your child?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In all honesty yes the thing is my husband says to give the marriage another go hence the reason going but I also am a little concerned that they may be planning something behind my back so hence trying to get something legal to protect me and my daughter - just incase.
My concern is not what they will make you sign over there - it would not be binding over here if you were coerced in any event so there is no need for you to sign anything else first.
My real concern is that they will keep your daughter and send you back to the UK.
There is no easy way of recovering Children from India
I would suggest that you speak to this organization
www.reunite.org
who will be able to discuss what protections you can put in place
also whilst this organisation deals generally with honour killings and forced marriages they may also have advice that will help you and your daughter
http://www.karmanirvana.org.uk/our-services/
Please ask if you need further details