tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer with 9 years experience of family law issues.
73598664

My mum has died, my father is sole executor and beneficiarary,

My mum has died, my father is sole executor and beneficiarary, and all bank and building society accounts are in joint names apart from ISA's. A copy of Mum's will is with a solicitor but does a solicitor have to apply for probate on my dad's behalf or can he/we(as I have lasting power of attorney for my Dad) apply for probate without having to incur solicitors fees
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Your father does not need to use a solicitor to apply for probate. He can do this himself if he wants to.

tdlawyer :

There is a lot of help online, and of course you have site like this, which can give you some information on what to do and how to do it.

tdlawyer :

A good starting point would be the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance/applying-for-a-grant-of-representation

tdlawyer :

It tells you what forms to use, where to apply, what the costs are etc. It has links to the relevant forms too.

tdlawyer :

You've rated bad service?

tdlawyer :

Can I ask why please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please forgive me in my grief no answers seem satisfactory. It is not personal and I thank you very much for your answer. I should not have tried to get an answer online when I needed something more bespoke and personal