Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

When I got divorced there was a court order made for my husband

Customer Question

When I got divorced there was a court order made for my husband to pay me on a monthly basis. He has not paid me for a few months and he doesnt answer my messages. Is this court order legally binding.
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you with your question. First I have to ask for some more information:

- was the order sealed by the court? (ie does it have a court stamp on it somewhere?)

- has your husband explained why he is not paying? (I appreciate that he is now not communicating with you, but before then...?)

- are you able to scan in the order so that I can read it? (If you are, please feel free to block out the names/identifying information).

Regards,
Mac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes there is a court seal on the document. We were not really communicating since the divorce 9 years ago but our son committed suicide last year and we had some slight communication just after the funeral. I cannot scan the document.