The house is worth 400,000, outstanding mortgage is 150,000. we have been married for 20 years. There are two children, one is 18 the other 9.
yes the nine year old lives with me. yes he pays child maintenance.
50/50 on pension sharing. 60/40 or 65/35 on financial split.
Our sticking point as been when to put the house on the market as I am self employed and need time to get my business to achieve decent profits to obtain a mortgage.
My ex has bought a house with his new partner.
It could be another 12 months before I am in a position to get a mortgage.
So I would have paid off a further 12 x 700 worth of payments of which approx. £6000 of this is paying off the capital.
I would need approx. 260,000 to rehouse myself
I earned 15,000 last year.
His income is approx. 35,000 and his partner earns approx. 30,000
That is for a 3 bed property. My mortgage capacity is about 40,000
I would like to delay the sale but my husband is pushing for the sale as he wants his equity (even though he has rehoused himself). He has told me that if I don't agree to sell and it goes to court, a judge would prob rule that I should sell the house as there is so much equity in it and a judge would say that it wouldn't be fair for my husband to wait until my daughter is 18 to get his share.
I could take it to court but its very costly to do this and I could lose also.
I would like to delay the sale for a year or so but if I do my husband will not agree to the 65/35 split, nor the 50/50 pension share He will want a larger share.
I believe I can not apply for absolute until this is agreed? I also believe until we are divorced I can not get the mortgage put into my name so therefore I am not entitled to the credit for any reduction in the sum owing on the mortgage from when I started to pay it on my own until the redemption?