13262538

My daughter recently went in to a refuge to escape from her

Customer Question

My daughter recently went in to a refuge to escape from her husband's abusive treatment, taking her 6 year old daughter with her. The husband has now asked for access to the child. I am told that he has to contact a family law solicitor and make an application for contact through the court. However, my ex-wife does not like this idea and wants me to ask my daughter if she can somehow initiate the process. Can she and, if so, how?

Clare :

Clare :

Thank you for your question

Clare :

Clare :

i shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Clare :

is your daughter willing to facilitate contact if it can be done safely?

Customer:

i'm not certain yet, i think at the moment it's fairly early days and she may not be very keen yet but i think she probably will eventually

Clare :

Then there is no reason why she should not simply offer contact at a local contact centre (www.naccc.org.uk) subject to the agreement that the child will not be removed from the Centre.

Clare :

This will show that your daughter is able to prioritise the need of the child for contact despite the circumstances in which she finds herself.

Clare :

There is no need to wait for a court application to offer this

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX but i'm not quite sure what you mean by a local contact centre - presumably not near the refuge since it is important to keep its whereabouts secret

Clare :

She can choose a Contact Centre from the website that is convenient for them both

Customer:

OK. Sorry to be awkward but supposing i was wrong and she remains opposed to the whole idea - which i think is her tendency at the moment

Customer:
1:30 PM

My apologies I missed the follow on
If she wil n ot agree then her ex will indeed have to issue proceedings and will almost certainly be successful if obtaining contact at a contact centre