13262538

Father made access application mother alleges systematic abuse

Father made access application mother alleges systematic abuse to her and children , court ordered children 10 & 7 be added as respondant s to case and appointed CAFCAS case officer to act as legal guardian child solicitor has also been appointed and made lead solicitor court ordered a physiological assessment be carried out on the children. Children do not want to be assessed ( CAFCAS report to court indicated children well balanced and happy with their domestic situation ) stating they do not want to see or be reconciled with abusive father and see the process of psychological counciling process is to help the abusive father ( he has consented to be assessed and undergo subsequent treatment ) gain access to them. What rights do the children have to object and is it normal to seek to reconcile abusive parents with their children against their will ?
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
I have to be blunt - so please do not take offence but if you express these views in this way elsewhere then it could harm the children's interests massively
These children are 10 and 7 and the phrases that you have used are not those of children of that age - they are the words of adults.
The children are just that - children - and i am afraid that they have limited choices as to what happens to them.
They have to go to school; the dentist and in this case have a psychological assessment - and the very fact that they expressed these views means that a Psychological Assessment will be seen as being essential.
So no I am afraid that they have no right to object and this is not an unusual way forward to allow the court to decide what abuse they have suffered and by whom.
Please ask if you need further details