13262538

hello I have been married for just over 2 years now and

Customer Question

hello

I have been married for just over 2 years now and originally got married in Pakistan. The first year she spent their and the second with me at my parents home in london. we have been separated for 2 months now she is living with her brother.. we have no children and have never had anything in joint names. she has never worked or contributed anything financially. I have few questions in regards XXXXX XXXXX for a divorce and what rights she has.

1. does she have a any rights on my salary, a property I own which is on rent or my savings which is approx. 15k?
2. does has have any right for legal aid?
3. she is here for 2 and half years on spouse visa does she still have the right to live in the country?
4. how long would the process take and approximate cost for the full process
5. if she refuses to accept the divorce what will happen?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

thanks
What assets and debts are there and what income do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I make about 24k a year I have a loan for 13500 and a property on rent with about 144000 remaining
Does your wife have any work skills and how old are you both?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No she has no skills at all. I am 28 and she is 24
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No she has no skills at all. I am 28 and she is 25
Hi Aneel
Thank you for that
In answer to your queries
1. Despite the short length of the marriage the fact that she has left her homeland means that she does have a claim for a small lump sum to help her re-establish her self - and some short term spouse maintenance
2. Almost certainly not
3. She will have to negotiate with UKBA and there i sno way of being certain of the outcome
4. I assume you mean a divorce and financial negotiations ancillary thereto - and the honest answer is that depends if you use a solicitor or not - but anywhere between £2000 and £5000 is possible
5. I assume you will use the Unreasonable Behaviour ground - in which case she will have to defend it to stop it