13262538

My son has dropped out of a uni in Dec and will start at another

Customer Question

My son has dropped out of a uni in Dec and will start at another uni in Sept. My privately arranged court order says I have to pay maintenance until they cease full time education or reach 18. Surely I dont have to pay for the period he is out of uni? His mother is threatening legal action. He is 20 yrs old and completed the first year and a term before deciding to drop out. I will start repaying the maintenance once he is back in full time education.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
If he is not currently in education then you can stop until he returns.If your ex tries to enforce the Order the fact that he has dropped out means that the Court will not take action
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for your clear answer. The original judgement says "ceases full time education". Do you think this is just a case of my ex and her lawyer trying it on - saying the word "ceases" does not mean that he has "stopped"? To me the word "ceases" is the same as "stops". Thanks.

Yes it is something of a "try on" - and i think the court will see it as such
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. I have left the highest possible rating. My wife and I have had 18 1/2 years of my ex's threats. She has remarried a multi millionaire!

Thanks for your clear answers.

Kind regards.

Clearly a charming lady - stay form