13262538

Having contact with a ex violent partner after ten years

Customer Question

recently my ex partner from ten years ago wants to be back in my life but we had a son together whom got put in foster care also as my ex is a petty criminal whom as been in and out of prison the majority of is life and I'm now having contact with my son whom never got adopted and I've two young children living with me at home .i have still got feelings for this exbut it was said that he is a risk to children because my ex from a past made stuff up about him that he kicked my daughter years ago but it was his ex that did it then he gave them back but when my ex turnt up again my kids then got romoved would now after ten years social services would they work with my ex so he's not a threat to b back in my life as I wouldn't want jeperdise loosing my two younger children from previous partner or loose having now contact with my son who's in foster careye
To be certain I understand - your son was taken into care because of your relationship with your ex.
You want to know whether or not resuming the relationship will mean that you will lose your younger children as well?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes this is what I'm getting at would I loose them too or would their be help in them working with us to prove their would be no violence in the relationship and that he is a changed person as it was my inabilaty to protect they were willing to work with my ex ten years ago but we then had another domestic and so they didn't get to work with him
It is highly likely that resuming a relationship with him will indeed place your care of your younger children at risk
i am sorry but you do need to decide which relationship is more important
Please ask if you need further details