13262538

I am living with boyfriend and we want to get married but he

Customer Question

I am living with boyfriend and we want to get married but he is being taken to court by ex girlfriend saying she has co habitation rights even though he paid for all properties and are in deed of trust if we got married how will that play on the case and will my earnings be taken into account plus my property
will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity - his ex has made a financial application against his property - is that correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My partner lived with his ex girlfriend for 20 years but anything he bought ie property's it was before she became a partner for tax purposes only in his Buisness all properties are in his name and all in deed of trusts she payed nothing towards them all tr1 s are in his name
If you get married any claims that she has will still have priority of any interest that you may acquire in your husbands assets - BUT she will have no claim on any assets or income of yours
I am not sure if that is what you wished to know - so please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you recommend a decent solicitor in Chelmsford essex and who deals with cases about cohabitation
Vv. thank you
You can find a specialist on the website here
www.resolution.org.uk