13262538

my husband and i are about to start divorce proceedings in

my husband and i are about to start divorce proceedings in Qatar. He is a New Zealand citizen , I am a british citizen. We have 4 children. We have been living separately for 2 years. The children live with me. We have been in the middle east for 15 years. i will be moving back to UK in september without kids for 10 months due to the academic school year, while i find a job and set up a home for when the kids join me again. My husband is asking me to pay child support while they live with him for those 10 months despite him having a good job with tax free salary and free housing with all amenities supplied by the school. Is this legally fair and how much should i be expected to pay. I currently work as a teacher here in Qatar but my employment ends in june.
Are you looking for advice under the Law in the Uk or Qatar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi sorry..in uk.

I have to move back early to UK because I had to give up my teaching job in the same school as under Qatari law he is my sponsor and when he ceases to be that..after divorce..i can not be employed here. So i will go back to UK to establish home and job so kids can join me after school ends ....10 months later

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also i do not have a job in uk yet

I am afraid that once you are living and working in the UK he is indeed able to apply to the courts in the UK for Child Maintenance since the children are in his care
As a rough guide you should budget for a figure of 19% of your GROSS income
My real concern however is what happens if he refuses to allow the children to leave Qatar after the year is up - but it may be that you have already dealt with that issue
Please ask if you need further details