Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

my court order from 2010 says my daughter has to go with her

Customer Question

my court order from 2010 says my daughter has to go with her dad at the weekend. I have real concerns that he is doing drugs he also takes her round and stays at different womens houses he will not tell me where she is going or where he is living. my daughter of 4 says she does not want to go. if I tell him she is not going with him because of my concerns he says your in breech of the court order im going to get custudy and gets verbally aggressive with me, he scares me please help
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 3 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

- what is the basis for your concerns about the father doing drugs?
- does the order provide for your daughter to be with the father every weekend?
- how many nights does your daughter spend with him say in a fortnight?

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That he is doing drugs while my daughter is in his care. And also driving while under the influence of drugs. And also doing drugs with these women h goes and sees and takes my daughter. The order is for my daughter to go every other weekend so she spends 1 night away a fortnight she goes 10am Saturday and comes back 5pm Sunday.

I understand what you are saying about WHEN he takes drugs - a lot, obviously.

But it would help me give you advice if you could tell me what reasons you have for thinking that he takes drugs. ie are you seeing him do it; are people telling you about it; etc etc.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When we was together he did drugs on a regular basis. We got back together about 6 months ago and split up again over the drugs. His brother in law and pub owner keep telling me about the drugs

Will he be able to say that you joined him in taking drugs, or was it just him?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was just him, I never liked it and I never allowed it in the house I asked him to stop a number of times. I gave him a choice and he choose the drugs which is why we are not together