cityguru
cityguru, Solicitor
Experience:  30 yrs experience
18726264

the Yorkshire Bank in Gloucester has trasferred my deceased

Customer Question

the Yorkshire Bank in Gloucester has trasferred my deceased fathers money into her account although she is not the executor and he left a will dividing his assets 4 way what can I do
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Have the Yorkshire explained why they have done this?

Did your mother instruct them to do this?

I trust that this was not a joint account?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
AL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It was my fathers account my mother has been dead 26 years you obviously did not read the question properly. Banks will not give out any information. My sister was his enduring power od attorney and her daughter who is a solicitor was myis my fathers executor. I feel this is wrong anf the monies should be paid to the beneficiaries

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  cityguru replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I have to say that your comment to the previous expert was wholly unfair because non of the information you have now provided was in your question.

When someone dies it is up to the executor to collect in the estate, pay the taxes if any and the creditors before distributing the money to the beneficiaries. Normally the estate is not distributed for some time - at least 6 months because of prospective claims from any creditors and if the executor distributes it before making sure there are no claims the executor will be liable.

As a beneficiary you are entitled to proper estate accounts showing what money was collected and s=how it was used. If you do not get an account an proper payment then you can sue both t the executor and if your sister has taken money that blonds to the estate ( and the beneficiaries) you can sue her swell but you have to wait until the executor says the winding up of the estate is finished.