13262538

I have apllied for a residence order for my grandson, and his

Customer Question

I have apllied for a residence order for my grandson, and his father has just found out . He has been living with since June 2012. Both his parents have equal and peacful contact with him. His father has contact this weekend and is threatening not to bring him home. I applied for resedence because his father wants complete custody by easter and I dissagreed with the date. And I know it would be very difficult for my daughter to see her son if he had custody. The first hearing is on the 9th of march 2013.My KGrandson is 7 years old settled in school and happy. He came to live with me because his mother could no longer cope on her own so she took him to his fathers who at the time lived with his parents. And although he had had my Granson to stay weekends , he called me and said that he could'nt have him either. So I said I would have him. His Father now has a new partner and home. What can I do if he keeps him before the hearing.
How long has the child lived with you?
When is the first hearing?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Grandson has lived with me since 19.06.12. And the first hearing is on the 6th March 2014.

If he does not return the child after contact - you should make an application on Monday for an interim (emergency) residence Order so that the child returns to your care while the court decides what the long term arrangements should be
In the circumstances I have little doubt that the court will order this - although this does not mean that the child will remain with you permanently - just while the matter is considered.
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello I did rate your answer as Excellent. And just to let you know I won residence of my grandson on June 18th 2014. I did not use a solicitor unlike the respondent.I did everything myself . And because of my circumstances I got financial help with my application too. Thank you for your help.

A. M Johnson

Thank you for the rating - but even more for the update - it is lovely to hear good news